Funds:1 an alternative to saving.
Investment funds have been “democratised” in recent years because you no longer need to have a large amount of capital or know a lot about finance. Nowadays, there are funds for everyone because, like everything else, they've evolved:
- You can make contributions from as little as €20.
- You can choose a fund according to the risk you're willing to assume in exchange for a return, even if there is no guaranteed return.
- You can choose the sector you want to invest in.
- You can forgetting about finding a fund yourself and just choose one that's already been profiled to match your criteria: conservative, dynamic or aggressive.
- You listen to your heart and invest in socially responsible funds.
- You can decide an amount and a term and then set up automatic contributions to a regular investment plan.
The value of investment funds can fall as well as rise, and you may get back less than you invested.