Show/Hide legal text
20-year fixed-rate mortgage: Here is an example of an APR mortgage offered by Bankinter, S.A., based on the following characteristics:
Mortgage amount: €150,000. Term of loan: 20 years (240 monthly repayments). APR: 2.28%. Monthly repayment for 20 years: €727.27. Final repayment: €727.97. Arrangement fee: 500 €. Total interest: €24,545.50. Interest rate: 1.55% (240 months). Monthly repayments. Total amount repayable: €186,244.66.
This APR has been calculated based on the following:
- A 20-year life insurance policy with coverage of €150,000 for a 30-year-old person. Annual premium of €190.86. Renewable annual insurance.
- Home insurance policy with coverage of €100,000 plus home contents insurance for €30,000, and an estimated annual premium of €356.62. Renewable annual insurance.
- Appraisal costs: €249.56.
Interest rate subject to the borrower holding the following Bankinter products:
- Salary Account, Business Account or Non-Salary Account (discount of 0.50 percentage points).
- Life insurance covering 100% of the mortgage amount, taken out with Bankinter Seguros de Vida S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros (discount of 0.60 percentage points).
- Comprehensive home insurance with minimum home contents coverage of €30,000 and structure coverage equivalent to the appraisal value of the property for insurance purposes, taken out with Línea Directa Aseguradora, S.A. and brokered by Bankinter, S.A., Operador de Banca-Seguro (discount of 0.10 percentage points).
- Pension plan/EPSV: have a pension plan/voluntary pension scheme in place with the company Bankinter Seguros de Vida, belonging to Bankinter, S.A. Group, for the entire term of the loan and make a minimum annual contribution to it of €600 (bonus of 0.10 percentage points).
These products are optional for the customer, but if they are not purchased the above rate (1.55%) will be increased by 1.30% corresponding to the sum of each of the products not purchased. Accordingly, if none of the conditions are met the fixed interest rate will be 2.85% (APR 3.21%). Monthly repayment for 20 years: €820.68. Final repayment: €820.04. Total interest: €46,962.56. Total amount repayable: €202,351.72. This APR has been calculated on the basis of taking out with Bankinter or a different provider the legally required home insurance policy for €100,000, with an estimated annual premium of €186.98, in addition to an annual maintenance fee of €45 for the current account required for collection of the repayments, the arrangement fee of €500 and appraisal costs of €249.56.
The monthly instalments (French repayment system) are the result of raising the coefficient (1 + interest) to the power of the number of outstanding instalments in the transaction multiplied by the interest, divided by (1 + interest) raised to the power of the outstanding instalments in the transaction, minus 1, all multiplied by the capital pending repayment ('interest' is understood to be the nominal interest rate offered divided by 12). The repayment obtained includes the amount of interest (result of dividing the interest rate by 12, multiplied by the pending capital) and amount repayable (result of subtracting the interest from the repayment).
The APRs have been calculated taking into account the following:
1. The APRs have been calculated based on the credit facility remaining in place for the agreed term and the borrower and the lender fulfilling their obligations under the terms and conditions agreed in the mortgage agreement.
2. For mortgage agreements with clauses that allow for amendments to be made to the debit rate and, where applicable, to the costs included in the APRs that are not quantifiable when the calculation is being made, the APRs will be calculated based on the premise that the debit rate and other costs will remain unchanged with regard to the level set at the time the agreement was signed.
3. These APRs may vary depending on the transaction amount and term. These APRs have been calculated on the assumption that there will be no partial or total cancellation of the mortgage. The APRs do not include the costs which the customer/borrower would have to pay for the breach of any of the obligations in the contract.
The mortgage is provided subject to the application being approved by Bankinter, S.A. This mortgage offer is subject to the condition that the borrowers have a total income of over €2,000 a month.
If the customer does not fulfil their obligations to the Bank, in addition to the possibility of them losing the property, their liability and that of any other parties involved in the transaction will extend to all of their present and future assets.
Offer valid until 15/11/2020 or until the amount offered (€25 million) has been reached.
The mortgage amount may not exceed 80% of the lower of these two values: the property's purchase value or appraisal value, and up to 60% for a second home. The maximum mortgage term is 20 years, provided that none of the holders is over 75 years old at the end of the term.