Because the little ones... always win!
Introducing the Mini Account, our account for young big savers. It's also designed for you, to help you build the savings that, sooner or later, you are going to need for them: Erasmus or university.
- No fees
- No monthly payments required.
- An account with total liquidity.
- Fully functional: payments, collections...
Yes, they do win.!
No maintenance feesSo it's all savings. Because you won't pay any maintenance fees with the Mini account. NIR: 0% (AER:0%).
Debit cardNo issuance or maintenance fee. It is not compulsory, but, if you think it might ever be useful, you have it.
Free transfersThere is no fee for any domestic and EU transfers in euros via our website or app.
Who can open a Mini account?
A plan to invest in your children and in their futures.
A plan that rewards the contributions that you make from your Mini Account to investment funds distributed by Bankinter and linked to that account. Every month that you contribute a minimum of €50, you will receive a monthly reward paid into your Mini Account.
- Up to 5% annual for the first year.
- Up to 2% annual during the second year.
- Paid monthly and always on the fund balance accumulated since the plan was activated, with a maximum of €1,000.
- No obligations: if you don't make any contributions for one month, you will not receive the reward.
- Investment funds can lead to a loss of capital.
- This promotion is valid for all Mini and Youth accounts opened before 30.06.2023.
- Let's start with an initial subscription of €1,000.
- We will set up a regular monthly contribution of €50, and let's assume that we keep this up for 23 months.
- After the first year of month payments, you will have: 4,17€. Total annual bonus: 50,04€.
- After the second year of month payments, you will have: 1,67€. Total annual bonus: 20,04€.
Would you like us to tell you how to activate the 5% Plan and make regular contributions?
Let's learn together.
Transfer pocket money
Bizum for Kids
They'll love this secure way to send and receive money through their phone.
I need... I want ... it is too small for me...
They may small, but you get so much out of them! By opening the Mini Account, you will get access to our discount programme. Just sign up and you will get access to direct discounts and bonuses with fashion, computers, cinema, shows, theme parks. For them and for you too, of course.
Giving you total peace of mind.
Card spending controlUsing a card gives your children a sense of independence, but it is also secure because you are the one who sets and changes the limits whenever you want and as many times as you want.
Read-only passwordsRead-only access to the account on the website and app. An entertaining way for children to learn how a bank account works, with the peace of mind of knowing they can't actually perform any transactions.
See FAQs FAQs
What documents do I need to open a Mini Account?
In the case of minors who live in Spain and are Spanish nationals, their DNI or provisional TIN and family book, or digital birth certificate (issued in the past 30 days).
For minors who live in Spain and are foreign nationals, their NIE and birth certificate issued by an embassy in the past 30 days.
Plus, the DNI, TIN or NIE of their parents or legal representative. Parents must be Bankinter customers and when the account is opened they can both choose to be legal guardians for it or just one of them, provided they have custody of the child.
Can I open a Mini Account for a child who is not my son or daughter?
You can only open it if you are the minor's parent or, failing that, their legal representative. Once the account has been opened, anyone can make deposits to help them start their financial planning. For example, grandparents, godparents and aunts and uncles can pay money into the account to get them started with their savings.
What happens when the minor turns 18?
The Mini Account will automatically change to the Youth Account with the same conditions, so it will still be free and the account number will remain the same, plus any linked products. At that point the parent or legal guardian will disappear from the account, although they may remain as an authorised party if the holder wishes them to do so. This is also the point where the holder will have operational passwords to carry out transactions in all online and in-person channels.
Can direct debits be set up?
Yes, the Mini Account is a fully operational account so you set up direct debits. However, they must be related to the minor's expenses.
Can a minor have a debit card?
Minors cannot be debit card holders unless they are emancipated (from age 16). However, parents or legal guardians may request a beneficiary card for the Mini Account, based on their own card, and set limits for its use.
- See list of the typical services linked to a payment account
- Mini Account Fee Information Document
- View Mini Pre-Contract Factsheet
- See general terms and conditions for current accounts
Show/Hide legal text1 The Mini account does not yield any interest and there is no maintenance fee. NIR: 0%. AER: 0%. To be eligible for a Mini account, the holder must be no older than 17 when it is opened and for the duration of the account. Only one Mini Account is permitted per holder (0-17 years old).