Bizum is a free service for sending and requesting money using your mobile phone.
Limits: from €0.50 to €1,000 per transaction. The maximum amount that can be received in one day is €2,000. Maximum number of requests sent and received per month by tax ID number (NIF): 150.
The funds are sent from your current account to the recipient's account, or vice versa. There's no need to enter the account number, just the mobile phone number.
From both mobile banking and the website:
Start by signing up for the service, if you haven't already done so:
- Open your Bankinter app or the website and select Bizum from the“ Global position” screen.
- Select the account you want to associate with Bizum and enter the mobile phone number you want to associate with it.
- Click “Next” and accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter the security code you receive by SMS to accept and complete your registration.
Bizum is very easy to use when you have registered:
- From the “Global position” screen, select Bizum.
- Select whether you want to Send or Request money.
- You will be asked for the mobile phone number of the person you want to send money to or request money from, the amount and the reason.