MANAGE OR REJECT COOKIES.
DIGITAL SIGNATURE AND COMMUNICATION SERVICE
Don't be left behind.
Digital transformation is a fact. It is inevitable for businesses if they want to develop and be competitive. Bankinter has teamed up with Logalty to make the Logalnet platform available to SMEs. This platform is capable of providing a service across all areas of the company through a single provider:
gifted in the form of a free-trial period voucher that you can use for contract signatures, electronic registered faxes and communications, e-mails and certified sms.
Why has Bankinter chosen Logalty?
Safety. Unlike our competitors, all transactions performed through the Logalnet platform have an eIDAS qualified timestamp and a notarial deposit.
Full regulatory compliance. Apart from being straightforward and intuitive, the platform is technically sound and guarantees the highest standard for all transactions.
User-friendly. Its doesn't require any additional software, making it an especially streamlined and accessible platform.
What is Logalnet?
The platform that Logalty offers to Bankinter SME customers to help them go digital, including digital signature services for documents and the sending of legally valid and enforceable electronic communications.
What services does it include?
Logalnet electronic services:
Digital signature with Express Contract
Digital signature with Advanced Contract
Electronic registered fax
SMS and e-mail certificates
Logalnet postal service
Registered fax sent by post
The base price for all services includes: Proof of the information contained in the documents, record kept for five (5) years (two (2) years for certified SMS/e-mail), eIDAS trusted time stamping, maximum weight for electronic documents of 1 MB, notarial deposit of the hash of the transaction and Logalty Certificate and copy of the signed document sent to all parties. LOGALTY's services include judicial ratification of the issuance of the certificate.
What is e-Procurement?
Certified e-procurement is the digital signing of documents to provide proof of receipt or to sign an electronic contract with full legal assurance.
It is a super rapid and easy way of sending any document or contract to be signed electronically. e-Procurement relies on electronic signatures and creates an environment of greater trust and legal certainty when it comes to signing contracts online.
What eProcurement options are available on Logalnet?
Express contract: Digital signature through a PIN/OTP sent by SMS to your mobile phone on one or more documents and between two or more signatories, with no established order of signatories or documents.
Advanced Contract: Digital signature through a PIN/OTP sent by SMS to your mobile phone on one or more documents and between two or more signatories, with an established order of signatories and/or documents.
What is an electronic registered fax?
Certified electronic notification with the same legal protection as a registered fax sent by post. All you need is the recipient's e-mail address, mobile phone number and ID number (DNI, NIF, NIE or passport) to send an instant electronic registered fax, with read confirmation arriving by SMS or e-mail.
What is Electronic Communication?
It provides proof of when the documents were served and of the information they contain. The communication is recorded in Logalty and all you need is the e-mail address or mobile phone number of the recipient user. No proof of identity is provided on collection, as would be the case with the Electronic Registered Fax.
What is the certified SMS and e-mail service?
Both services guarantee proof of sending, proof of document content and proof of delivery to the mail server or mobile device, but not the effective collection or opening of the document as would be the case with the Electronic Registered Fax or Electronic Communication services:
Certified SMS to send information to a mobile number in the form of a text message.
Certified service to send information to the user's e-mail.
What is Logalty-SEUR's postal registered fax service?
Certified notification of documents sent electronically in PDF format, with SEUR then delivering a hard copy to the recipient by post.
Legally valid and enforceable, it provides proof of delivery and also of the information contained in the notification and the time it was sent.
Deliveries within Spain up to 48 hours if sent before 14.00. International deliveries available for Europe only.
Within a maximum of 10 days, with status tracking available.
What does the base rate for the postal registered fax include?
It includes the entire process of a registered fax from start to finish:
National delivery of a three-page document to anywhere on the Iberian peninsula
Certificate accrediting the information contained in the document
Proof of delivery with acknowledgement of receipt
Certificate confirming that the document was delivered by post
Trusted time stamps for tracking
Record kept for five years.
Are the Logalty-SEUR and the post office registered faxes the same?
The Postal Registered Notification Service (Logalty registered fax) by Logalty-SEUR is, for all legal intents and purposes, the same as a registered fax sent via the post office, with both being equally valid in the eyes of the law.
How do I pay for the deliveries?
Make payment in Logalnet using any credit or debit card.
What is Logalty?
Logalty is a trust services company that guarantees the legal security of online transactions, generating evidence of the operations that take place on its platform between companies or individuals. It certifies and keeps neutral and independent custody of all processes generated during the electronic transactions. And to guarantee the integrity of the process without any subsequent manipulation, the content of the documents is witnessed before notary.
When Logalty acts as intermediary between the parties to a process that requires legal guarantees, it provides objective proof that the operation was carried out, at what time it was carried out and with what result, which can then be used as evidence in trial.
1. Who is the data controller? The controller of your personal data is Bankinter, S.A. (hereinafter “Bankinter”) holder of Tax ID Number A28157360 and registered office at Paseo de la Castellana 29, 28046 Madrid.
2. Why do we process your data? The data you provide us with will be processed to receive information about this request and, as applicable, formally arrange the product you are interested in.
3. What are the legal grounds for processing your data? The legal grounds for the purpose stated in the above section is to process your request for information. Accordingly, if you refuse to supply the personal data requested, or if you supply inaccurate or incomplete data, we may not be able to provide you with the service. You are responsible for ensuring the truthfulness of the data provided, and for notifying Bankinter if there is any change to your data.
4. Who will receive your data? Unless legally obliged to do so, the data provided will not be transferred to third parties.
5. How long will we keep your data? Unless you have stated otherwise, we will keep your data for a period of six months. As soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes described above, the data will be blocked for the period for which they may be required for carrying out, or defending, administrative or legal actions, and they may only be unblocked and processed again for this purpose. Once this period has elapsed, the data will be cancelled definitively.
6. What are your rights in relation to the processing of your data? You may exercise your rights to access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, restriction of processing and portability of the data in the circumstances and scope established by the regulation applicable at any time. To exercise your rights, please contact us by writing to the following address: Bankinter, S.A. Operations - Data Protection, Calle Pico San Pedro 1, Tres Cantos, 28760 Madrid, enclosing a copy of your national ID or any other identifying document. Please note that you also have the right to lodge a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
7. Where can you obtain additional information about the processing of your data? You can find more information about how and why Bankinter processes your data here.