TRADE CREDIT INSURANCE - GLOBAL POLICY
Insurance to ensure that your business is a good business.
A comprehensive solution, tailored to requirements, that allows you to cover the risks derived from possible default by customers when your company makes trade credit sales, both nationally and internationally.
- Flexible: allows multiple activities to be insured.
- Adaptable to all types of companies, both by business volume and by activity.
- Agile and simple to manage.
A comprehensive solution designed by a market leader: Solunion
You will have all the information related to the management of your policy available from a single platform
Through MiSolunion.com, the Solunion office platform you will be able to:
- Access the risk classification of any debtor covered by the policy, in real time.
- Report claims and check the expected date for compensation.
- Access the recovery management measures taken for the reported files.
- Report file management updates.
- Access the proactive risk list that shows those customers who have improved their credit rating and for whom risk can be increased.
We're here to help you,
Insurance experts line: 91 807 09 84
It might be called insurance, but it surely means peace of mind.
For your business, your employees, your operations, your fleets ...
See Interest hedge Interest hedge
Trade credit insurance
- By arranging credit insurance, through Solunion, the insured company will be able to cover the risk of possible defaults arising from the insolvency of its national and foreign customers when it makes trade credit sales.
- The policy covers undisputed credits that are true, liquid and enforceable, resulting from the contracts entered into by the insured with the debtor in the ordinary course of business of the insured activity indicated in the particular policy terms and conditions, provided that these include a credit limit set for the debtor.
- Cover includes VAT, packaging and transport costs included in the original insured invoice.
- Cover starts from the delivery date of the goods or from the date on which the provision of services begins, provided that they are invoiced on the day of delivery or within the following thirty calendar days.
- The insured will be solely responsible for the proportion of the risk not covered against a debtor, being expressly prohibited under any circumstance that the insured may partially or totally transfer this risk to a third party or insure it with another insurance company.
- The policy provides a comprehensive service that includes:
- - Risk prevention.
Customer risk classification, both at the start and throughout the duration of the policy, which allows the policyholder to know the financial position of their customers and, as a result, to make more appropriate credit decisions.
- - Debt recovery in case of the default of its customers.
- - Claims compensation.
- - Risk prevention.
See Trade credit insurance terms and conditions Trade credit insurance terms and conditions
- Exclusive contracting insurance for Bankinter customers by legal entities.
- It is essential to insure the entire volume of the company's trade credit sales.
- The policy permits payment by instalments.
- This policy is normally taken out on an annually renewable basis.
- As a general rule, and subject to acceptance by the company, if the policy is requested before the 15th of the current month, it will be issued with an effective date of the 1st of the same month. If, on the other hand, it is requested after the 15th, the effective date of the policy will be the 1st of the following month.
- Once a debtor has been studied and classified by Solunion, a maximum amount of cover and a percentage insurable limit will be set for each of them.
- Both national and international trade credit sales may be insured in the same policy.
- In the event of a claim covered by the policy, regardless of the debt, compensation will be paid within 30 days after the end of the grace period, which is set at four months for domestic transactions. In the case of international transactions, the grace period will depend on each case, being included in the contractual terms and conditions.
See FAQs FAQs
What is credit insurance?
When a company sells on credit, no matter how short the payment term, it is exposed to the risk of default by the debtor. Credit insurance protects one of a company's most important assets: accounts receivable that may suffer unexpected losses as a result of the default or insolvency of any of its customers, both national and international.
Credit insurance includes customer solvency analysis and debt recovery management. In the case of default, Solunion initiates the recovery measures and payment of compensation according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
What does credit insurance include?
By arranging credit insurance, the company will be able to cover the risk of possible defaults arising from the insolvency of its national and foreign customers when it makes trade credit sales.
It includes a comprehensive service of:
- Risk prevention. Customer risk classification, both at the start and throughout the duration of the policy, which allows the policyholder to know the financial position of their customers and, as a result, to make more appropriate credit decisions.
- Debt recovery in case of default.
- Claims compensation.
How does credit insurance work?
Credit insurance works through prevention (to minimise the risk of default), recovery and compensation (to reduce its impact).
The risk analysis allows the insured to focus their sales on the most reliable customers in terms of solvency and payment behaviour. If the default does occur, the Recovery service (to recover the past due amounts) and the compensation minimise the damage to the balance sheet.
What do I do if I want to submit a claim?
All past due payments must be notified by the insured within thirty days from the initial expiration date or, if applicable, extended in the policy terms and conditions. Notification of the past due payment must be submitted to the insurer in the required format via the corresponding form or electronically through the MiSolunion.com platform and must include the list of all outstanding credits with that debtor, past due or not.
Through the platform MiSolunion.com or via the Solunion customer advice centre by:
- telephone: 91 581 34 00
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the main advantages of taking out credit insurance?
It favours an increase in market share
- It allows better terms and conditions to be offered.
- Increasing the credit limit.
- Improving business relationships with your customers.
Facilitates market penetration
- Assessing the risks.
- Pre-qualifying your customers.
- Offering you additional protection.
Help in international expansion
- Facilitating credit decision-making.
- Offering more competitive conditions abroad.
- Increasing sales with key customers.
- No worries about concentration risk.
Protect your income statement
- Secure accounts receivable.
- It enables the continuity of the company.
- Guarantees commitments in current liabilities.
- Control of default recovery.
Main definitions of the policy:
- CONTRACT, OPERATION OR SALE
Natural or legal person contractually obliged to pay the credit.
Natural or legal person that guarantees the payment of the credit.
Natural or legal person, non-resident in Spain, to whom the goods or services specified in the contract are directed or destined.
- SHIPMENT OR DELIVERY
The making available to the debtor, or where appropriate to the importer, of the goods at the time and in the place agreed in the contract of sale, or the presentation of the invoices in accordance with the provisions of the service level agreement (SLA), according to international trade usage.
- CLASSIFICATION SUPPLEMENT
Document which is supplementary to the policy in which the company sets the accepted credit limit for each debtor and establishes the payment terms and conditions and the payment guarantees necessary for the credit cover to take effect.
- CREDIT LIMIT
Maximum insured amount set by the company for each debtor in the corresponding classification supplement.
- PERCENTAGE GUARANTEE OR COVERAGE
Percentage fixed in the classification supplement by which the risk covered by the policy is distributed between the insured and the company and which is applied to the final insured loss in the event of a claim to determine the amount of compensation. If no percentage is included in the classification supplement, the maximum set in the particular conditions of the policy shall be deemed to have been established for the debtor to whom it refers.
The company assesses the customer's creditworthiness and assigns a rating from 1 to 10 that shows the probability of default.
Show/Hide legal textTrade credit insurance “Global Policy”from Solunión Seguros de Crédito Cía Internacional de Seguros y Reaseguros, S.A., offered by Bankinter, S.A. as the related BANCASSURANCE OPERATOR, with registered office at Paseo de la Castellana 29, 28046 Madrid, entered in the Madrid Companies Register under Volume 1857, Sheet 220, Page 9643, with Tax ID Number (CIF) A-28157360 and entered in the Special Administrative Registry of the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds, belonging to the Ministry of the Economy and Finance (Paseo de la Castellana 44, 28046 Madrid), http://www.dgsfp.mineco.es, under the bancassurance operator code OV-0028, has taken out the civil liability insurance required under Article 152 of Royal Decree-Law 3/2020 of 4 February on urgent measures incorporating into Spanish law several directives of the European Union concerning public procurement in certain sectors: private insurance; pension plans and funds; tax and tax litigation. private insurance, pension plans and funds, taxation and tax litigation.
The bancassurance operator has entered into insurance agency agreements with the institutions listed here.