The combination of real estate and its attachments, fixed installations of water and gas, of electric and solar energy or similar, of telecommunications, of protections against fire and theft, and of heating and cooling or air conditioning, fixed antennas of television or radio, as well as the devices or elements necessary for the operation of all said facilities, like boilers, heaters, accumulators, radiators or others with similar characteristics and functions (except those destined to the development of the insured activity itself), underground works and foundations, as well as any service or recreation facility that exists within the premises of the insured concern that is property of the Insured, or of the lessor in the event that what is insured is damages to rented property (meaning the tenant insures the premises on behalf of someone else).
In the case of jointly owned property, the proportional part that corresponds to the insured is included, according to their percentage of joint ownership, in the common parts of the building in which the insured establishment is located. However, the effect of this coverage is subject to whether, once damage covered by this contract has occurred, the owners' association's governing bodies formally agree to an extraordinary fee to cover repair costs and issue the corresponding nominal receipts for this purpose.
Fixed elements of decoration are considered an integral part of the premises, such as dropped ceilings, glass, placards, awnings, carpets, lining, wood and wallpapers attached to floors, walls or ceilings, as well as sports facilities and distribution, perimeter or containment walls and fences that are contained in or delimit the insured premises.
Comprising, for the purposes of the contract, property present in the insured establishment and described in the Special Terms and Conditions of the policy, as indicated below:
- Machinery and furniture
All movable property, machinery (including those for the collection, production and transformation of electrical energy), electronic equipment, motors, tools, spare parts, lighting and cooling or heating apparatus used to carry out the insured activity and owned by the Insured.
Machinery and Furniture shall also include office material, machinery and furniture, commercial furniture, patterns, moulds, models and matrices, vision and sound apparatus and, in general, any mobile installations and fixtures that do not qualify as building content but are present on the premises of the insured establishment due to the activity performed there and are the property of the Insured, subject to the exceptions set out in the General Terms and Conditions.
- Goods and stock
Any and all raw materials or auxiliary assets, goods in process and finished products that are found on the premises of the insured establishment by reason of its activity and are the property of the Insured, subject to the exceptions set out in the General Terms and Conditions.
Building CONTENT shall also include PROPERTY OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES that is in the possession of the Insured and is located on the premises of the establishment, provided that the following conditions are met simultaneously:
- They are related to the activity that is the subject of the insurance.
- The value of said property must be included in the insured sum for building content and it must not be of a class or nature specifically excluded by virtue of any other term or condition of the contract.
- The Insured must be civilly liable for the damage and loss suffered. If the Insured was not responsible for the damage caused, this coverage will supplement, or take effect in the absence of, other insurance policies that specifically cover such property.
- ASSETS OWNED BY EMPLOYEES of the Insured, such as tools, clothes and objects of normal use, which are not of a kind or nature specifically excluded under any other term or condition of this policy, and that such property is on the premises of the insured establishment.
- TEMPORARILY DISPLACED ASSETS which, being the property of the Insured and covered by the contract, are moved from the insured establishment to any other place in Spanish territory for their repair, maintenance, storage or display, except vehicles, unless they are related to the main activity covered by the insurance. The Company shall not be liable for any damage to the insured goods caused by the handling, loading, unloading and transport of the same.
The Company's liability shall in no case exceed 60,000 euros per claim, nor shall it extend for a period of more than 60 days from the date on which the assets or items leave the insured premises.
However, the policy will not cover items insured under another insurance contract, items expressly excluded from this contract and items moved from the insured premises for their normal storage or for sale, distribution or direct delivery, manufacture in any of its phases, modification, extension, conditioning or improvement.
- PROPERTY EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS, whether belonging to the Insured or, as the case may be and under the conditions set out above, belonging to third parties, which are kept outdoors but on the premises of the insured establishment, provided that said property is located no more than 150 metres from the buildings of that establishment and is not expressly excluded by any other term or condition of this contract.
In any case, property that is insured under any other insurance contract is not covered.
- CASH, including cheques, stamps, postage stamps and stamp-impressed bills and drafts, up to a total of 900 euros.
- Ornamental plants located inside buildings or that constitute stock that is the object of the Insured's activity.
- Trees, shrubs, plants, lawns and gardens located outside the building, though within the premises of the Insured establishment and owned by the Insured, are only covered against the risks of Fire, Lightning and Explosion up to a limit of 3% of the Sum Insured for Building Content.
- Motor vehicles for commercial, agricultural or industrial use that are located within the insured establishment and provided that the following terms and conditions are simultaneously met:
- They are used to carry on the insured activity or for purposes of sale, repair, maintenance or storage.
- Their value must be included in the sum insured for building content and they must not of a kind or nature specifically excluded by virtue of any other term or condition of the contract.
This cover shall supplement, or cover damage in the absence of, other insurance policies specifically covering the same goods.