EIB credit line
Financing to help you forge ahead, so nothing gets in the way of your development.
Bankinter helps you apply for the credit facility launched by the European Investment Bank. A credit facility designed to boost and support the economic development of our corporate clients.
- With longer repayment periods.
- And more favourable conditions.
A credit facility adapted to different business volumes and situations
Financing of long-term investment projects for the self-employed and companies with up to 3,000 employees.
See What can be financed? What can be financed?
- Tangible assets: acquisition, renewal or extension, including the acquisition of used assets.
- Intangible assets: costs related to development, planning and construction, R&D, creation of distribution networks in the EU, etc.
- Intergenerational succession or transfer of companies to staff members to ensure business continuity.
- Medium/long-term working capital requirements (minimum 2 years).
- The line is open until all funds are allocated.
See Maximum investment eligible for financing Maximum investment eligible for financing
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises with less than 250 employees: €25mn (total cost of the project).
- Mid-cap companies with up to 3,000 employees: €50mn (total cost of the project).
- If a project is already in receipt of an EU grant, that amount plus the total credit line obtained from the EIB may not exceed the total budget for the project.
See Term Term
The execution period for the investment project cannot exceed 36 months. However, the loan term can be up to 20 years, provided it matches the useful life of the investment.
Financing is available for investments located anywhere in the European Union provided they were initiated no more than 6 months before approval of the transaction and provided that they are still in progress.
See Business activities excluded Business activities excluded
- Manufacture of weapons.
- Games of chance.
- Manufacture, processing and distribution of tobacco.
- Activities that do not guarantee the European Convention on the protection of vertebrate animals.
- Activities with a negative impact on the environment.
- Controversial activities for ethical or moral reasons.
- Real estate development as the sole purpose.
- Purely financial activities.
- Leasing companies linked to manufacturing companies.
See Investments excluded Investments excluded
- Financial transactions (loans, purchase of shares, capital subscriptions, etc.), including the cancellation of other loans.
- Costs related to the acquisition of licences, production rights and other rights granted by public entities.
- All real estate activity (development, rental, sale, etc.). Property purchases are admissible if they are for business purposes and the business is not excluded from the economic activities list (CNAE).
- Investments aimed at providing financing to your consumer customers.
- Financing for the acquisition of land.
- Any refinancing.
Your Bankinter branch is always there to listen and help you. Come and tell us your plans.
Got a question?The Bankinter Corporate help centre has the answer.
Contact with us