Skip to contents


All the cover you'd expect from a home insurance policy.

Home Shaped with Red Heart Shaped on white wood over white wood background; Shutterstock ID 1180273198; Purchase Order: Trabajos web BK

All the services you never thought existed

Claims for third-party damages

No one likes having to submit a claim. If you have no choice but to report damages caused by a third party, Línea Directa Aseguradora will take care of everything for you.

No written statement required

Forget about filling in forms. Now it's much easier: just give your statement over the phone.

Legal advice over the phone

An advisory service offering guidance on any legal issues or queries.

White Paint Can with Brush Top View On Yellow Background.; Shutterstock ID 717164209; Purchase Order: Trabajos web BK

Repairs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

Home repair and assistance services on hand if you need them 365 days a year and 24 hours a day.

You can also have this for free…

Medical information over the phone

Get help with queries about medicines and test results.

Second medical opinion

If a serious illness is diagnosed in Spain, Línea Directa Aseguradora will manage the request for a second diagnosis from a specialist health centre.

See Cover Cover

Línea Directa Aseguradora Home Insurance is designed and marketed exclusively for Bankinter customers.

This insurance offers you the peace of mind of knowing that both the structure and the contents of your home are protected against any potential damages. Home Insurance also protects you against possible claims that could be brought by third parties for material or personal damages.

However, what makes Línea Directa Aseguradora Home Insurance stand out is the services it offers, services that go beyond the scope of home insurance and that will make your life a little easier.

Main guarantees:

  • Fire, explosion and lightning strike:
  • Damage to garden or trees.
  • Electrical damage to electrical and electronic equipment inside the home.
  • Damage due to theft or attempted theft.
  • Theft and robbery of the contents of the dwelling.
  • Theft and robbery of cash inside the home.
  • Robbery of cash and personal property outside the home.
  • Necessary medical assistance in case of robbery or theft.
  • Damage caused by water, including searching for and repairing the breakage.
  • Damage caused by rain, snow, wind and hail.
  • Vandalism.
  • Breakage of glass, sanitary ware, marble and ceramic glass stove.
  • Aesthetic damage to the structure.
  • Extension of guarantees to contents during travel.
  • Food spoilt in the refrigerator caused by an electrical accident.
  • Additional expenses arising from a claim (debris removal, fire brigade, etc.).
  • Private third-party and property ownership liability (including legal defence and necessary bonds).
  • Claim for damages sustained by the insured party or policyholder produced by third parties.
  • Assistance, repair and service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Extra services for private and family life.
  • Remote online computer assistance for 4 computers, digital cameras, DTT, DVD, digital video, mobile phone, etc.
  • Legal assistance for private life.
  • Telephone medical guidance to resolve doubts about medications, interpretation of clinical analysis, etc.
  • Management of a second medical opinion for serious illnesses diagnosed in Spain.

See Terms and conditions Terms and conditions

Requirements for the property:

Before asking about the cost of insuring your home with Línea Directa Aseguradora, make sure it meets the following requirements:

  • The property is in Spanish territory.
  • You reside in the property for a minimum of 15 days a year.
  • The property is in an urban area or at a most of 1 km from an urban area or the nearest home. An urban area is understood to be one with all public water, lighting, sewage and telephone services.
  • The property is not intended for industrial or illicit activities.
  • Content for professional activities does not exceed 25% of the total insured content.
  • The building where the property is located is not under construction or reconstruction and has no structural faults (aluminosis). Aluminosis is a problem affecting concrete that is usually seen in a building's joists, resulting in the concrete losing its properties and becoming weaker and more porous, endangering the building's stability.
  • The property is mostly built from solid, non-combustible materials, and is not prefabricated or a caravan.
  • The property is not sublet, rented by the room or occupied by multiple tenants or students.
  • The property does not belong to the state or public bodies, or to individuals or legal entities engaged in real estate activity.


What risks are covered by multi-risk policies for the home?

A multi-risk insurance policy covers the following most important risks:

  • Fire damages.
  • Weather damage.
  • Vandalism.
  • Damages caused by water.
  • Damage caused by vehicle impacts.
  • Breakage of glass:
  • Robbery and damages caused by robbery.
  • Damage caused to third parties (Third-Party Liability).
  • 24 hour home assistance.

What risks are not covered?

The policies do not cover certain risks, such as fires due to an accident involving a person smoking, theft of goods that are outside the home, damage caused by lack of maintenance or superficial damage to window panes.

From what date does the insurance policy take effect?

The date the day the insurance is taken out.

What is the structure?

This is the whole or part of the building used for your property, and consists of foundations, walls, roofs or ceilings, as well as fixed installations, such as heating, air-conditioning, water, electricity and gas, telephone and sanitary installations, TV aerials/satellite dishes, solar panels, including the value of floor, ceiling or wall coverings, such as parquet flooring, wallpaper, paint, wood or plaster decoration, security installations and, in general, everything that forms part of the property, including fences, walls and other means used to enclose the building, as well as swimming pools, tennis courts and adjacent buildings, provided that the latter are within the enclosure where the main property stands

The property will also be taken to include storage rooms, garage spaces and in general those areas that although they do not form part of your main living quarters, are in same building where your property stands and are for your private and exclusive use.

If you are a co-owner, the insurance cover includes your share of the undivided property in addition to the separate portion of your property.

If you have a mortgage loan, the value of the structure will be that indicated in the appraisal as the insurance value. Otherwise, the reconstruction value of the building and its installations must be indicated.

What are the contents?

These are all the items that are owned and form part of the insured person's furniture, household goods, clothes and furnishings, as long as these items are located inside the property or in adjoining premises locked with a key.

It also includes:

  • Image or sound equipment, provided that their unit value is less than €1,800 and they are located within the property.
  • Paintings, tapestries, carpets, works of art, silver and bronze objects, ivory, collections, jewellery and leather garments, provided their unit value is less than €1,800.
  • The furniture and professional assets of the insured person which are placed in any part of the property and which are used as an office or professional study. This will include musical instruments for professional use, provided that the value of said goods does not represent, as a whole, more than 25% of the total capital of the contents.
  • Clothes and household goods, bicycles, sports equipment and tools deposited in the storage rooms up to a maximum limit of €600, provided that they meet the exclusivity and use requirements established in the structure definition.

What is the premium?

The premium is the price of the insurance, and its amount depends on several factors in addition to the sums insured, such as security, type of home or location.

What is the application of the proportional rule?

If, at the time a claim is made, the sum insured is less than the replacement value of the insured goods, the compensation for any damage that may occur shall be reduced in the proportion in which the insured interest is covered.

Where the sum insured is greater than the new value of the insured property, the company will compensate for the damage actually caused.

What should I do if I buy more personal items and want to include them in the insurance?

Once a year you should check the insured property and decide whether your policy needs to be modified or extended. If you acquire a highly valuable property, you will have to change the coverage of its policy immediately.

Generally speaking, all insurance companies will readjust the insured capital and respective premiums automatically when the policy expiries every year and in the same proportion as the General Price Index. But if highly valuable acquisitions have been made during the year, especially in terms of content, this may not be enough.

Should I take out a home insurance policy if my homeowners' association already has insurance on the building?

If you have bought a flat, you may find that your community has taken out insurance on the building. This type of insurance covers only those breakages, faults, etc., arising from the community per se. For example, if the community's downpipe breaks and water enters neighbours’ properties, then the insurance will pay. But keep in mind that community insurance does not protect areas that are for the private use of your home. For example, if washing machine malfunctions and floods the flat below, then if you don't have a home insurance policy, you will have to pay for the damage.

Your insurance will also have to cover storage rooms, garage spaces and in general, any areas that even though they are not part of your main living quarters, are in the building for your private and exclusive use.

What's the difference between robbery, robbery with violence and theft?

The difference between these three types depends on the degree of violence with which the act is committed. Robbery is when things are done with force, violent robbery is when things are done with force and/or people are treated violently or intimidated, and theft is when property is seized without things being done with force or personal violence or intimidation.

If I am granted a mortgage loan, do I need to take out a home insurance policy?

When you are granted a mortgage loan by Bankinter, you always have to take out a home insurance policy including the structure capital indicated in the mortgage appraisal. This because if there is a loss, such as a fire, the bank would lose the property, which is the mortgage collateral. Under Bank of Spain regulations, mortgage risks have to be insured and so there must be a guarantee to cover any possible loss.

Should I take out a home insurance policy if I rent my property?

As a general rule, a home insurance policy is taken out to cover the losses that may occur due to a loss affecting assets which have an insurable interest. As the structure is owned by another person in this case, it is not in your interest to insure it, however, if you want to insure it you can do so. You would however have an insurable interest in the contents, which you are advised to insure.

Can I take out other insurance policy with another company instead of the policy I am offered with the mortgage loan?

You can take out the insurance policy with another company as long as the mortgage option clause includes Bankinter as the beneficiary and the insured capital matches the insurance value as stated in the appraisal.

How are my assets valued in a claim?

Damage shall be appraised separately for the new for old value and the actual value, subject to the following rules:

  • Buildings must be appraised according to the new construction value at the time before the loss, and the actual value is determined by deducting the difference between the new and old value due to use and condition.
  • Furniture, furnishings and installations are valued according to the new market value at the time prior to the loss, and the actual value will be determined taking into account appropriate deductions for use, degree of use and condition. If there is no equivalent on the market, other items with similar characteristics and performance will be used for the valuation.
  • Jewellery, works of art and all kinds of valuable objects insured for specific amounts must be valued by the sums insured, unless, due to a mistake, the estimate is substantially higher than their real value for the time the loss occurred as established by an expert.

How long can the company take to compensate me for a loss?

Once the total economic amount of the losses suffered in the claim has been evaluated, the insurer is notified. From then on, it has 40 days to pay the insured party the minimum amount of the claim.

Bankinter has the solution

We’re here to answer your banking queries and provide you with technical support.

More information
91 657 88 00
ATMs and branches