Capital protected funds
The best solution for the most conservative investment profiles.
Bankinter capital protected funds are specially designed so that people with a more conservative investment profile can also access the international financial markets and the opportunities they offer.
- Funds that seek to protect between 90% and 95% of the maximum net asset value achieved at any given time.
- A range of funds managed by two of the most internationally recognised fund managers: JP Morgan Asset Management and BNP Paribas Asset Management France.
Remember that with investment funds you run the risk of losing the capital you invested.
Two options for conservative profiles to invest in international markets.
Bankinter Protección 2 FI Fund
- The capital protection target of 90% of the maximum net asset value attained at any given time is regulated under a financial contract (swap) entered into between the Bankinter Protección 2 FI Fund and JP Morgan Securities PLC. This contract stipulates that J.P. Morgan Securities PLC is committed to establishing a minimum net asset value corresponding to 90% of the fund's highest net asset value at any time in the fund’s life cycle, and that it cannot go below this figure.
- Fund managed by JP Morgan Mansart Management Limited.
- Contributions from €100 upwards.
- Recommended time horizon: 5 years.
Bankinter Top Protección FI Fund
- The capital protection commitment of 95% of the maximum net asset value achieved at all times is regulated through a financial contract (put), renewable for two-year periods, providing that a maximum net asset value is achieved. If the fund depreciates in value at any time, the put option will protect at least 95% of this new maximum value reached, for a period of two years from the closest date on which the reference net asset value was reached, except in the event of highly unfavourable market events that shorten this period.
- Fund designed exclusively by Carmignac for Bankinter.
- Contributions from €100 upwards.
- Recommended time horizon: 2 years.
And with all the advantages of investment funds:
LiquidityYou may request the full or partial redemption of your units at any time. Note, however, that exiting the fund before the recommended time horizon may increase the risk of capital loss.
TaxationIn general, the gains obtained are not taxed for personal income tax purposes until the customer exits the fund and depending also on the circumstances of each customer. Note that this situation may change in the future.
SwitchIf you decide to transfer your investment to another fund, you may do so without paying tax on the gains you make.
Risks to which the unit holder is exposed in the Bankinter Top Protección FI fund.
The holder is exposed to unlimited risk of loss of capital in the event of suspension of redemption of units in the funds that comprise the "diversified assets" to which the fund is exposed, or if there is a credit event that affects the counterparty in one or more derivative trades negotiated over the counter by the fund. The impact of this counterparty risk is limited, as counterparties with a good credit quality (equivalent to investment grade) have been selected. Moreover, collateral is posted and adjusted daily with the counterparties to the IF's OTC derivatives (as explained in article 8 of the "Investment Strategy" section of the prospectus, on information relating to the financial collateral of the collective investment institution (CII), which is shown below).
To respect the limitations of the objective of obtaining each day a net asset value that is at least equal to 95% of the reference net asset value, as from the fifth business day following the end of the initial marketing period, or if market conditions so require, the IF may invest only in "fixed income assets", meaning that exposure to "diversified assets" could be zero and maintained there. In this case, the IF would no longer be able to share in any future increase in the value of the "diversified assets", even if that increase were significant, and the management company could liquidate the fund.
Credit risk: the risk of a downgrade in the credit rating of an issuer or that an issuer might default, thus reducing the value of the associated financial instruments.
Risk associated with financial derivatives: the use of derivatives can cause further fluctuations in the value of the investments and, therefore, the volatility of the returns.
Risks to which the unit holder is exposed in the Bankinter Protección 2 FI fund
While the Fund always aims to protect 90% of the highest value that the Fund's shares have reached, it may not succeed if prevailing circumstances do not allow for this, such as where a counterparty fails to honour its obligations under a swap, in which case you may lose some or all of your investment. Counterparty risk is mitigated through exposure management, including collateral.
If the Fund invests exclusively in the money markets, the return it generates may be lower than the total costs and fees it incurs. This could potentially bring the return on your investment to 0%. In such a situation, the Company's directors may decide to close the Fund.
The Fund may be exposed to less economically developed markets (known as emerging markets) and to fluctuations in interest rates, which could affect the value of your investment.
Risks to which the unit holder is exposed in both funds
Foreign exchange risk, counterparty risk.
- SEE SUMMARY OF INVESTOR RIGHTS for the Bankinter Top Protección FI Fund
- See summary of investor rights for the Bankinter Protección 2 FI Fund
Show/Hide legal textThe key investor information document, prospectus and all other legal documents related to Bankinter's collective investment institutions are available at any of our branches, on the Bankinter website (www.bankinter.com) and on the website of the Spanish National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) (www.cnmv.es).
Show/Hide legal textThe fund managers may decide to stop marketing the funds in the situations provided for in applicable legislation, in accordance with Article 93a of Directive 2009/65/EC and Article 32a of Directive 2011/61/EU.
The Bankinter Top Protección FI fund is registered with the Spanish National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) under number 2047.
The Bankinter Protección 2 fund is a sub-fund of PassIM Structured Funds plc, incorporated in accordance with Irish legislation, authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland and registered with the Spanish National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) under number 1237.