From Bankinter to Bankinter Investment.
- The Bankinter Alternative Investment platform is created with the launch of ORES Socimi: €200mn of capital raised with our partner Sonae Sierra.
- One of the main hotel developments in Majorca is structured and financed for a total amount of €120mn.
- Launch of the first venture capital fund with Plenium Partners to invest in renewable energy (Helia).
- The figure of €1bn of investment in structured financing operations is reached and the first financing operation in Portugal is formalised.
- Helia II is launched and investment is made in hotels (Atom Socimi, together with our partner GMA) and student residences (V Student, together with our partner Valeo). Committed capital of €1.1bn is reached in two years.
- The commitment to financing renewable energy projects enables 25 transactions to be completed.
- The fifth IPO operation advised by Bankinter Investment is completed.
- Helia III, Helia IV, and ORES Portugal are launched. Atom increases its capital. For the first time, investment is being made in venture capital in the US and in infrastructure. Two core real estate assets are purchased in Madrid and Barcelona. More than €1.9bn of capital raised.
- We consolidate our reputation as leading financiers of renewable energy projects, adding another 24 operations to our portfolio.
- Signature of the first international M&A operation.
- First vehicle (RHEA) in pan-European venture capital together with Access Capital Partners. More than €2.3bn of capital raised.
- Despite the situation caused by COVID-19, involvement in financing worth close to €2bn.
- First divestment: sale of Helia I assets with a net annual return of 22%. Acquisition of the leading Spanish logistics platform. A new core asset is purchased in Madrid. Investment is taking place in the hotel sector again. A total of €3.5bn of capital raised.
- An investment volume of €1bn signed in financing transactions, with more than €500mn in infrastructure and renewable energy.
- We reach the figure of 100 advised transactions in the last five years.
- Montepino increases its capital. The first investment vehicle in the environment and circular economy (Ecualia) and the second version of Titán are launched. New significant investment in the real estate sector, this time in Portugal (ATRIUM Building).
- Bankinter S.A.'s Investment Banking Area becomes BANKINTER INVESTMENT S.A., the new subsidiary of BANKINTER S.A. to continue providing advisory services (Capital Markets, M&A, Real Estate) and Structured Financing.
- After 6 years of growth in alternative investments, and with almost €7bn invested, Bankinter Investment SGEIC, a new alternative investment fund manager, is launched to give all our customers access to continue co-investing with Bankinter and its partners in real assets.