There's no place like home
Your insurance policy will cover all repatriation arrangements and costs, including the cost of a companion.
Whatever the cause of death, a professional team will take care of coordinating, organising and delivering funeral services.
If an event happens while you're abroad or away from home, your insurance will cover your travel to your place of residence. It also protects you against accidents, illness and hospitalisation, both in Spain and abroad.
No charges. No processing
Your insurance policy covers all burial or cremation expenses and company staff will see to all related paperwork.
Easy. Health questionnaire
You don't need to fill in a health questionnaire. Simply answer one question about the state of your health.
Free legal consultation
A telephone service that provides expert advice to family members about legal matters following a death: pensions, insurance, bequests, etc.
Customised. Made to measure
Your policy lets you take out extended guarantees to customise your policy, a list of which is provided under the cover tab.
See Coverage Coverage
Option B: Option A + plane ticket (round trip) for companion.
See Terms and conditions Terms and conditions
Foreign residents insurance terms and conditions
You need to answer a simple question about your state of health to contract death insurance for foreign residents.
Death insurance for foreign residents is a renewable annual policy, the amount of which is updated every year according to the CPI.
There are different terms and conditions depending on your age when you contract the insurance:
- Policy with one insured person: between 18 and 65 years of age.
- Policy with more than one insured person: between 0 and 65 years of age.
- This insurance is not available for people over 65 years of age.
The maximum number of insured persons under a single policy is ten.
The cover of the contract for each of the insured persons is automatically extinguished at the end of the annual period in which they reach 70 years of age.
See FAQs FAQs
What are the advantages of having a funeral insurance policy?
There are basically two: to ensure that your funeral expenses are not a problem for your loved ones and also so that they don't have to deal with a lot of red tape and administrative procedures.
Until what age can I take out a funeral insurance policy?
With Bankinter, you can take out a funeral insurance policy up to the age of 110 (depending on what type you choose).
What types of funeral insurance can you take out?
This policy has three types depending on the customers’ needs:
- One-time payment: this is a one-off premium payment; the insured party is covered for life, and does not need to do regular check-ups or answer health questionnaires. This type of policy is only available to people between the ages of 55 and 110.
- Always: recommended for people under 70 years of age. What sets this insurance policy apart is that in addition to the traditional funeral insurance policy, it includes a catalogue of common life insurance services: medical check-ups, travel assistance, home help, etc.
- Foreign residents: For foreigners who usually reside in Spain but intend to return to their country of origin within a few years or when they retire. Your can take out our foreign residents insurance policy until the age of 65.
How many people can be insured on the same policy?
You can insure up to 10 people.
Can I change my insurance company?
Yes, you can change company as often as you wish (just like your vehicle or household insurance).
What is the difference between transportation and repatriation?
Transportation: moving the body from the place of death (in Spain or anywhere in the world) to a funeral establishment or cremation facility within Spanish territory.
Repatriation: applies to foreigners residing in Spain and, consists of moving the body from the place of death (in Spain or anywhere in the world) to the insured party's country of origin.
Can I choose the funeral company?
Does the insurance policy cover the companion's travel expenses?
You can also choose the “Companion ticket” guarantee (optional). This guarantee covers the cost of a round-trip economy class air fare for the companion of the deceased person designated at the time of repatriation or to send ashes covered by the policy cover.
What is the complementary assistance guarantee for the funeral service?
This guarantee consists of:
- Transportation to the airport within national territory. The company will cover the cost of transporting the deceased insured party from the place of residence to the nearest international airport.
- Extraordinary expenses. Medical-legal expenses due to the traumatic death of the insured parties, or in those cases where judicial proceedings were necessary.
- Special services. Special funeral service due to the loss of life of the children of the insured parties if it happened during pregnancy or before a baby is thirty days old. The company also guarantees the burial or incineration of limbs amputated from any of the insured parties.
What should I do if an insured person dies?
Please call the 24-hour service number 918 366 225 to open the claim process. The customer service agent will give you all the information you need about the policy and the benefits of the service.
Show/Hide legal textFuneral insurance offered by Bankinter Seguros Generales, S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros and sold through Bankinter, S.A., as a BANCASSURANCE OPERATOR with registered office at 29 Paseo de la Castellana (28046 Madrid), recorded in Volume 1857, Folio 220, Page 9643 of the Madrid Companies Register, holder of Tax ID Number A-28157360 and registered with the special administrative registry of the General Directorate of Insurance and Pension Funds at the Ministry of the Economy and Finance (44 Paseo de la Castellana, 28046 Madrid), http://www.dgsfp.mineco.es, under the bancassurance operator code OV-0028, has taken out the civil liability insurance required under Article 152 of Royal Decree-Law 3/2020 of 4 February on urgent measures, which incorporates into Spanish law various directives of the European Union concerning public procurement in certain sectors: private insurance, pension plans and funds, taxation and tax litigation.
The bancassurance operator has entered into insurance agency agreements with the institutions listed here.
Show/Hide legal textBasic information about data protection information. Bankinter Seguros Generales S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros will process your data for the following purposes: Your data will necessarily be processed for the following reasons: (i) compliance with legal obligations; (ii) comprehensive and centralised management of your insurance contract; (iii) request that doctors and healthcare providers supply the data and healthcare background needed to enable the contract's full execution and the fulfilment of your interests; (iv) analysis and profiling for appropriate execution of the insurance contract; and (v) contact you to inform you about products or services that may be of interest to you since they are similar to the products/services you have already arranged with us. So that we can inform you about the products and services described above, your personal data will be analysed to create a profile using the same, which will enable commercial announcements to be tailored as closely as possible to your needs, tastes and preferences and sent to you through any means. Please refer to the additional information about data protection published by Bankinter Seguros Generales S.A. de Seguros y Reaseguros.
Bankinter has the solutionWe’re here to answer your banking queries and provide you with technical support.
91 657 88 00
900 813 847